Monday 18 August 2014

The word "vape" is now added to the dictionary

Oxford University Press said on Thursday that the word "vape" is now added to the online version of Oxford Dictionaries to "reflect new language trends" (http://goo.gl/FYSVC2). I'm happy to see that the editors of the dictionary understands that vaping is not just another form of smoking. I kind of like some of their examples of use as well: "I’d rather people vaped indoors than smoked outside" or "my cravings went away as soon as I took a vape".

I hope certain journalists, politicians and scientists will have too look this up as well, and stop misleading the public. To be honest I think we'll still see a lot of these guys saying that we "smoke e-cigarettes", but at least now we can tell them to go read the dictionary when they do.
Suicide bunnyAlice in vapeland

No comments :

Post a Comment